SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE AGED 12 YEARS & ABOVE
No prior experience required!
- Basic Module:
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Intermediate Module:
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Duration: 10 hours (5 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.999/- onwards
About the Artist:
I am Smitha Rao(@art_by_smitha), an IT professional turned artist currently based in Bangalore. Although drawing was my childhood passion, I took it seriously only since 2018. I had moved to United Kingdom at that time and got a chance to explore a new medium- Coloured Pencils. I instantly fell in love with it, mainly because of the amount of realism one could achieve using it. I love drawing still life and bringing them to life on paper. My drawings are highly detailed, colourful and hyper realistic.
Here's what you'll learn at this Masterclass:
- Understanding the medium: Types of Coloured Pencils, Paper
- How to hold the Pencil, pressure control, mark making, strokes
- Layering and Burnishing with Pencils to create depth
- Dos and Dont's
- Will do some blending exercises (creating colour gradients)
- Understanding the importance of light and shadow in realism. We will shade a sphere with the above knowledge
- Tips and techniques to keep in mind to get realistic results (choosing the right reference, noticing details, picking the appropriate colours etc)
- We will start with a realistic food (colorful dessert) drawing and practically apply all the basic concepts learn.
We will continue with the drawing that we started on Day 1 and by the end of the session we will have completed a realistic dessert drawing.
Basic Module is a Prerequisite for Intermediate Module.
- If you have already attended one of the previous workshops, you can directly register only for the Intermediate Module unless you want to repeat the Basic Module.
- If you are a new participant, you should register for both the modules or just Basic Module.
- Creating different textures with Colored Pencils (Hatching, cross hatching, contour hatching etc)
- Simple texture exercises (water droplet, tree bark, fur, feather)
- Before jumping into the bird drawing, we will do some simple practice exercises to understand different types of feathers( Kingfisher Feather, Parrot Feather etc.)
Day 2 & Day 3:
- With the above understanding we will complete a Realistic Bird Drawing (Reference photo and line drawing will be provided in advance, so that the participants can be ready with the initial sketch before the session).
- This will be a very detailed drawing (Colorful bird on a tree branch)
- Coloured Pencils – Set of atleast 48 (or a bigger set)
- A4 Size Drawing Papers suited for coloured Pencil art – Minimum 5 nos.
- White Gel Pen or Brush Pen (Sakura, Uniball or faber-castell) or White Acrylic/Gouache Paint
- HB Pencil, Eraser, Ruler, Pencil Sharpener
Craft Knife/Cutter/Pen Knife - Mandatory for Intermediate sessions
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849