SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE AGED 14 YEARS & ABOVE
No prior experience required!
- Duration: 8 hours (4 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.2499/-
About the Artist, Dr.Soham Mitra (@drsoham_mitra_arts):
I am a surgeon by profession and an artist at heart. Having grown up in a family with close ties to fine arts, I have inculcated a life-long interest in arts. Having trained under eminent artists like Ganesh Payne and Dhiraj Ranjan, I have a gold medal in MFA (Kolkata). I have exhibited in over 15 countries and had countless solo and group shows.
I work with a variety of mediums but watercolors hold a special place in my heart. I am a member of World Watercolor Forum since the last decade.
Currently I am a brand ambassador for Derwent India, Black and Color and Karin Poland. I have ongoing collaborations with Brustro and Sennelier and many other national and international brands. I love to teach and conduct workshops for beginners and professionals, alike and have helped thousands of students master watercolors.
Here's what you'll learn at this Masterclass:
Session 1 - Introduction to watercolors:
- Description of materials used
- Mounting of paper
- Sketching of the artwork
- Introduction to watercolor washes and different painting strokes and techniques
- Exercises to gauge wetness of paper, brush control and wet on wet techniques
Session 2 - Color theory:
- Introduction to colour wheel
- Concept of complimentary colours.
- Color temperature
- Color grouping and palette selection
- Primary block in on the painting
Session 3 - Masterclass on value, light and shadows:
- Rendering forms with Watercolors
- Discussion on lighting, light sources, shadows and it's application in the painting
- Establishing core values with colours (use of correct colour temperature)
Session 4 - Final Refinement:
- Highlights and final adjustments
- 300GSM Cold-pressed watercolor paper A3 size (3-4 sheets)
- Artist Grade watercolor paints 12-18 shades (tubes are preferred)
- Round brushes (numbers 0, 2, 4, 6, 10)
- Flat brush (3/4 inch or wider)
- MOP brush no. 8 (optional)
- Large palette (18 wells or larger)
- 2 tumblers for storing water
- Paper towels
- Sakura gelly roll number 10 (White gel pen)
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849