About the Artist:
Tanvi (@sillystrokes) is a self taught multi disciplinary artist who strongly believes that drawing is an ability, not a skill and that all of us are born with this ability! She tries to capture her everyday experiences and learning's via SketchNotes and tries to spread this form of expression by conducting workshops. Her workshops are not general skill based ones where you learn how to make one particular art, but on Visual Thinking and Story telling. She talks about how to take inspiration for art, create experiences and put those in form of minimal doodles and comic stories.
Here's what you'll learn at this workshop:
The workshops introduces the attendees to the concept of Visual Thinking and being able to put their ideas and stories via doodles. The Workshop is not a general skill based one, it's a very interactive workshop that forces you to come out of your inhibitions about you not being able to draw, or draw well. From drawing basic objects and emotions to drawing personality doodles and your own stories, we do everything here. The workshop, is filled with activities that make you reflect and think hard! It’s fun and engaging at the same time.
Here's what you'll learn at the Mindful Doodling workshop:
- What’s doodling, why doodle?
- Basics of doodling objects.
- How to draw stories!
- Drawing basic expressions!
- Capturing personalities!
The most interesting part of the session is the part where people capture their personalities into doodles of anything other than a human form. It's deeply satisfying and leave people with a sense of awareness.
Here's what you'll learn at the Character Sketching workshop:
- The workshop introduces the attendee to character sketching and how one can make a character using basic shapes and simple understanding of human anatomy.
- From getting the expressions right, creating a body, be it an animal, an object or a human figure, to being able to draw multiple postures with ease, the workshop covers it all.
- The main focus though, will be on ensuring that you make "your own" character and not just learn how to draw ours.!!
- Pencil / Pen
- Eraser / Sharpener
No prior experience/ artistic experience required!
Suitable for people of age 14 years and above!
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Date: April 17th & 18th, 2021
- Session 1: April 17th - 10.30am to 1pm IST
- Session 2: April 18th - 10.30am to 1pm IST
Duration: 5 hours (2 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.799/- onwards
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849