SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE AGED 15 YEARS AND ABOVE
About the Artist:
I am Isimi Taiwo (@isimi_taiwo) (BA / MA creative art University of Lagos) and I am a forerunner of hyper-realism in Nigeria. I work with several mediums but specialize on graphite and charcoal and oil paints the most because they help me get the most out of my execution in creating hyper-realistic works.Here's what you'll learn at this workshop:
- Learn how to use the grid method to draw a portrait. Learn how to do this using a grid app.
- Learn how to shade by creating layers
- Learn how to draw skin textures, create pore holes and bumps on the skin apart from other normal existing facial features
- Learn how to blend graphite and charcoal
- Learn how to draw hair types like braided and straight hair using three different unique methods
- Graphite pencils - Steadtler or Faber-Castell pencils (2H to 8B), mechanical pencil with 2B lead inside.
- Charcoal pencils - Generals 6B charcoal pencil, conte a paris 3B charcoal pencil and Faber-Castell pitt charcoal pencil soft.
- Strathmore 400 series A3 sketchpad or equivalent
- Kneaded eraser or Tombow mono eraser or electric erase
- Generals white pastel pencil, white gel pen or white ink with a tiny sable paint brush as an alternative.
- Ruler and tissue paper for blending, cotton bud or swabs or Q tips, sharpener, plain printing paper, paper tape.
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Session 1 - July 24th - 10.30am WAT or 3pm IST (2.5 hours)
- Session 2 - July 24th - 2.30pm WAT or 7pm IST (2.5 hours)
- Session 3 - July 25th - 10.30am WAT or 3pm IST (2.5 hours)
- Session 4 - July 25th - 5pm WAT or 9.30pm IST (1 hour)
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849