SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE AGED 15 YEARS & ABOVE
About the Artist, Mariyah (@mariyahfarooquiart):
Art was never created in isolation, this is Mariyah’s motto, the artist behind House of Mariyah. At the age of 11, Mariyah was introduced to the world of Oil painting which she pursued and mastered through out her school years. With this introduction into the art world, she broadened her artistic horizons and went on to learn various art forms from the world over.
Finding beauty in traditional art, she created a niche wherein she assimilates various traditional art forms to create contemporary works of art. She is an avid student and practitioner of Kirigami (Japan), Persian Illumination(Persia), Sacred geometry (Persia) And Arabic Calligraphy (Thulung and Nasak script). She is self taught as well has had the opportunity to study under masters of various arts.
Persian illumination is a 13th century art form which originated in Persia and incorporates the heavy use of gold along with arabesque and floral elements to represent nature in a divine form. The basis of which lies in balance and symmetry.
Here's what you'll learn at this Masterclass:
This Course on Persian Illumination (Tezhip) is ideal for understanding, learning and creating their own tezhip art work. The Course is divided into three modules and will be covering all the topics used under both the schools of Persian Illumination (Khatae and Eslimi).
Basics Module (Session 1 to 4):
We will start off this course by learning about the Khatae (floral) branch of Persian Illumination and all the components involved in creating compositions.
- Practice Drill- To understand the pressure control on your pencil and paintbrush.
- Leaves- basics and advanced
- Buds and sepals- we will look at the various components of a flower and how each is ornamented and the various ways that they can be represented
- Flowers- Basics and Advanced
- Composition- We will start to create Non Replicated patterns based on all the elements we have covered before.
Intermediate Module (Session 5 to 7):
The Intermediate module will deal with the other branch of Persian illumination known as Eslimi and construction of Replicated compositions.
- Eslimi Components- Hollow In Elements, Scrollwork, Lanceolate Leaves, Clamps and Claws
- Framework, Trelliswork and Paper prep - This session will start off by preparing our papers for the final compositions. Then we will look at various ways in which different types of compositions (Neshan, Katibeh and Shamseh) can be designed. Trelliswork involves the designing of small borders with the use of dots and lines.
- Compositions and Painting Methodology: we will construct three types of compositions - Katibeh (Inscription), Neshan (Medallion) and Shamseh (Roundel) and the steps involved in painting a composition.
Advanced Module (Session 8 to 12):
We will finish off the course by learning about the remaining part of the Eslimi components and additional compositions.
- Eslimi Components- Clouds and Tigh Motifs
- Compositions- We will construct four types of compositions - Lachek (Spandrel), Sar-Lowh (Epigraph), Hashiyeh (Ornamental Margin) and one composition with a combination of Khatae and Eslimi components.
- Drawing Book (A4) - 1 no.
- 0.5 Mechanical Pencil
- Mini Detailer Brush Set (Mont Marte or Taklon
- Foam Brush (Square / Rectangular) - 1 no. Medium / Big Size
- Graph Sheet or Dot Grid Sheet - 3 sheets
TO BUY SOME THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The Course will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the Masterclass for you to join. You will also be part of a closed private group in our community to interact with the artist for any during the course of the masterclass or after that.
Date: Nov 5th to Dec 6th, 2021
- Basics Module:
- Session 1 - Nov 6th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 2 - Nov 7th - 4pm IST (3 hours)
- Session 3 - Nov 13th - 4pm IST (3 hours)
- Session 4 - Nov 14th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Intermediate Module:
- Session 5 - Nov 20th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 6 - Nov 21st - 11am IST (2 hours)
- Session 7 - Nov 21st - 4pm IST (3 hours)
- Advanced Module:
- Session 8 - Nov 27th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 9 - Nov 28th - 11am IST (2 hours)
- Session 10 - Nov 28th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 11 - Dec 4th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 12 - Dec 5th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Duration: 28 hours (12 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.7499/- (All Sessions)
(Recorded Session Available. If you aren't able to attend the Live Sessions, you can choose to get the Recorded Version during registration. If you get the tickets for the Live Session and if you aren't able to attend any one of the sessions, we will send you the recording of that session for you to view. Recording will be accessible for 25 days)
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849