SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE AGED 15 YEARS & ABOVE
No prior artistic experience required!
- Date: November 26th to December 17th, 2022
- Duration: 14 hours (7 sessions)
- Session 1: Nov 26th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 2: Nov 27th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 3: Dec 3rd - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 4: Dec 4th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 5: Dec 10th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 6: Dec 11th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 7: Dec 17th - 4pm IST (2 hours)
- Cost : Rs.4499/- (All Sessions)
(Recorded Session Available. If you aren't able to attend the Live Sessions, you can choose to get the Recorded Version during registration. If you get the tickets for the Live Session and if you aren't able to attend any one of the sessions, we will send you the recording of that session for you to view. Recording will be accessible for 25 days)
About the Artist, Mariyah (@mariyahfarooquiart):
Art was never created in isolation, this is Mariyah’s motto, the artist behind House of Mariyah. At the age of 11, Mariyah was introduced to the world of Oil painting which she pursued and mastered through out her school years. With this introduction into the art world, she broadened her artistic horizons and went on to learn various art forms from the world over.
Finding beauty in traditional art, she created a niche wherein she assimilates various traditional art forms to create contemporary works of art. She is an avid student and practitioner of Kirigami (Japan), Persian Illumination(Persia), Sacred geometry (Persia) And Arabic Calligraphy (Thulung and Nasak script). She is self taught as well has had the opportunity to study under masters of various arts.
Persian illumination is a 13th century art form which originated in Persia and incorporates the heavy use of gold along with arabesque and floral elements to represent nature in a divine form. The basis of which lies in balance and symmetry.
Here's what you'll learn at this Masterclass:
This Course on Persian Illumination (Tezhip) is ideal for understanding, learning and creating their own tezhip art work. The Course is divided into three modules and will be covering all the topics used under both the schools of Persian Illumination (Khatae and Eslimi).
Basics Module (Session 1 to 4):
We will start off this course by learning about the Khatae (floral) branch of Persian Illumination and all the components involved in creating compositions.
- Practice Drill- To understand the pressure control on your pencil and paintbrush.
- Buds and sepals- we will look at the various components of a flower and how each is ornamented and the various ways that they can be represented
- Composition- We will start to create Non Replicated patterns based on all the elements we have covered before.
Intermediate Module (Session 5 to 7):
- Neshan (Medallion) Composition
- Katibeh (Inscription) Composition
- Painting Methodology - the chronology in which the layers of colours are to the laid down.
- Drawing Book (A4) - 1 no.
TO BUY SOME THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The Masterclass will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the Masterclass for you to join. You will also be part of a closed private group in our community to interact with the artist for any during the course of the masterclass or after that.
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849