About the Artist:
Project Virasat (@projectvirasat) is an umbrella organisation, for craft cluster development, trying to revive the languishing craft forms of India. It aims to maintain the dignity of the artisans. We believe in creating opportunities not only for them but also for their future generations who can safely carry on the craft form, thus crafting lives and reviving legacy in the truest sense. We are now working with several artists all over the country, one of them being Usta artists from Bikaner, Rajasthan.
Mohsin Raza Usta ji, is one of the few artists practicing Usta Art in India. Mohsin Ji’s family has been practicing Usta Art for centuries now. Having learnt the craftsmanship from his grandfather, he started working in this craft at a very young age and is a proficient Usta artist. Mohsin Ji has been connected to Project Virasat for over a year now and has taught the artform to many artists.
Here's what you'll learn at this workshop:
- Participants will get exposure to one of India’s dying craft forms, Usta Art. This workshop would provide a deep insight into the dedication, sacrifices and efforts that go behind in making an Usta Art Product by an Usta artist.
- Through the session, the participants would get a chance to interact with Mohsin Ji and get to know about the craft from the artisan himself and see some Usta Art Products on a real-time basis.
- The participants would learn about the application of materials like Gold Leaf in making a product that forms the core of Usta Art
- Mohsin ji will guide the participants through all the processes involved in Usta Art, right from preparing the wooden base to putting gold leaf and creating unique designs on it.
- The participants would get a deeper insight into what makes Usta Art different from other paintings and the designs that have been in this craft since centuries
- Participants would be working on a utility product as a final product in the workshop. Using the expertise gained during the session, they can make many other products such as Wooden Boxes, Hand Mirrors etc.
- Gold foil
- Yellow enamel
- Clear varnish
- Colour tubes
- Embossed wooden piece
- Tracing paper
All the requisite material will be present in the DIY kit provided by us.
No prior experience/ artistic experience required!
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.Date: September 25th & 26th, 2021
- Session 1 - Sept 25th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
- Session 2 - Sept 26th - 5pm IST (2 hours)
Cost : Rs.3999/- (inclusive of art materials)
Limited Seats Available!
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849